The “Hire Me” info for Dai Manuel
So you like my style, eh? And you wish you had someone just like “The Moose” working on your behalf?
Be sad no more. You can hire someone exactly like me – so exact that it is me. What special talents do I have, you ask?
I'm eager to help take your event to a whole new level… (and here's a list of some stuff I'm pretty good at too)
Motivational or inspirational key-note
I've worked with a number of organizations (Running Room, mSummit, Retail BC/Shelfspace, CanFit Pro, RBC Dominion Securities, YVR Bloggers, Recharge Conference, YVR Dads, Dad 2.0 Summit, Meet-ups, CIBC, Toastmasters, Make Your Mark, public and private schools) and presented on varying topics including:
- Overcoming the obesity stereotype;
- 7 tips to “Weight Release”
- Implementing daily rituals to give you the best ROI on your health and wellness;
- How to stay motivated even when nothing seems to be going your way;
- Corporate wellness: A healthy culture is a happy culture;
- Procrastination is not a tropical vacation destination;
- Obesity to Fitness Dude: Not your atypical road to health;
- The 4-hour Relationship
- Social Media topics: Engaging your audience; Building an online brand; Leveraging your smallest asset for the biggest returns; Telling your story and defining your WHY
- and many, many others…
I've presented in front of a large variety of group sizes, no matter how big or small, I welcome any opportunity to inspire, educate and motivate people to take control of their own situations, putting their health first.
Here's a replay from a recent keynote I delivered at the Toastmasters International District Conference
Ready to add an element of fun, activity, and interaction to your convention, sales meeting, conference, block party or book club get together? Hire Dai Manuel: The Moose is Loose to take attendees’ fitness questions live and on stage. INFOtainment at its finest and fittest.
You have an event. You have lots of people coming. You need to keep them engaged and entertained. Yup, Dai Manuel: The Moose is Loose never saw a microphone I didn’t love. Your event will never be the same again. (how often do you get a live Moose sighting?)
Group Fitness Sessions
Have a large convention coming up? Staff retreat? Group function that needs that little extra touch with a group activity, hike, functional fitness circuit class or the like? Well, you're in luck as that is one of my specialties. I've worked with companies like Lululemon and Unilever/Dove Men (Dad 2.0 Summit) to lead and facilitate guided fitness classes and I can do the same for you and your organization. Just ask me how.
Dai Manuel: The Moose is Loose will come to your convention, blog about it and make it sound really enticing.
Serving as Radio Guest or Guest Host
My melodious tones and upbeat, boisterous laughs make Dai Manuel: The Moose is Loose a natural for on-air activity and attitude. I have a face for radio, but I've been on TV too, so there! I think fast and speak even faster. Sometimes my brain can’t even keep up with my words. That’s when the magic happens.
Have a question? Contact me via the form below…
It is always a pleasure to work digital campaigns with Dai. He is accurate and professional and easy to work with. He has a great voice to communicate with his readers and writes from a place of authenticity and passion! ~ Julie Nowell, 3 Chickens and a Boat
It was an absolute pleasure to work with Dai to help promote the Whistler Children’s Festival through social media. His overwhelming enthusiasm for our event was endless, and although he was professional, his posts never felt pre-composed or detached. They were genuine and heart-felt and nothing short of being thrilled to come to our event. I have no doubt that partnering with Dai helped us achieve record numbers for the festival, and I look forward to a long-lasting relationship for years to come. ~ Brigitte Mah, Whistler Arts Council
We really enjoyed working with Dai on our integrated effort with a retailer. Dai brought both enthusiasm and professionalism in one package, which was greatly appreciated. Balancing the needs of two partners can sometimes be tricky, but Dai met both partners' objectives while simultaneously maintaining his unique brand voice – remaining true to his audience, which is ideal and helps Canada Beef ensure transparent and accurate messages about our industry are reaching consumers. ~ Heather Travis, Canada Beef
Working with Dai Manuel has been an absolute pleasure. His eagerness to offer his followers content that adds value in a friendly and interesting way aligns with our brand promise that the future is friendly. Dai’s enthusiasm for a healthy lifestyle and support of family friendly brands is infectious, and we have seen tremendous value in working with Dai and his wife Christie, as their brand reaches influencers and social media savvy people. We would recommend any organization to work with them. ~ Kat Percy, Telus
We hold an annual Leadership Conference in Vancouver- each year our number of attendees grows, and this year we capped just over 800. We have a strong culture of fitness and remaining active, so sourcing instructors to lead runs, yoga, dance and circuit training was incredibly important. I had met Dai through the Crossfit Open, and from following him on social media was immediately impressed by his outlook on life, positivity & ability to engage a large and diverse audience through fitness. He seemed an obvious choice for leading our leaders in their sweaty pursuits each morning. Dai came in for two morning workouts at our conference and absolutely rocked our world- from his ability to modify the workouts for a large group and in a non-traditional gym space, to his demeanor and communication around the workout itself, Dai exceed every expectation we had. He willingly volunteered his own equipment and went to every length to make sure every participant left not only with a substantial amount of sweat, but also with a smile. Anyone can stand in front of a group of people at 6 am and make them do burpees; rarely can you find someone such as Dai who makes you actually enjoy the experience. ~ David Ogle, Lululemon
Dai is one of those people whose reputation earns him high expectations, but whose delivery earns him an even higher praise. He was wonderful with our guests, making the material informative, fun, and engaging. In my case, his presentation was one of three, in an evening discussing Health, Wealth & Wine. Not only did the guests have great feedback for Dai, but he was sure to tie his section back into the overall theme, showing great respect and understanding of the event overall. I'm looking forward to our next opportunity to work together and would highly recommend Dai to speak on health, fitness, or motivation for anyone else's event. ~ Walker Patton, RBC Dominion Securities
Contact me at [email protected] and I will happily discuss your needs, our experience and our possible future together. Obviously, we can’t discuss rates here, as we have no idea how complex or last-minute your project is. But I can discuss them with you in person (by which we mean by phone, Skype, Google Hangout or email).
In the Media:
Print & Online
- Abbotsford News “New year, new attitude?” (January 15th, 2013), PDF
- Georgia Straight “Fighting fat requires finding the right carbohydrates” (January 3rd, 2013), PDF
- North Shore News “Enjoy a guilt-free Christmas” (December 24th, 2012), PDF
- North Shore Outlook “Dreaming of a guilt-free Christmas? Dream on” (December 19th, 2012), PDF
- Surrey Lifestyle “Get fit for ski season” (December 2012), PDF
- The Province “Give yourself a guilt-free Christmas” (December 21st, 2012), PDF
- The Province “Gear adds more fun to home workouts” (November 30th, 2012), PDF
Radio & TV
- “Just the Tip” with Dai Manuel on the Drex Show live (Monday February 2nd, 2015)
- “Just the Tip” with Dai Manuel on the Drex Show live (Monday January 26th, 2015)
- The Sean Leslie Show with Dave Sheldon – Sunday January 4th, 2015 “Getting Fit After The Holidays”
- Interview with Sam Ferris on the Drex Live Show on CKNW AM980 (January 1st, 2015)
- Interview with Sean Leslie / CKNW AM980 Radio Host Dave Sheldon (December 27th, 2014)
- The Simi Sara Show with guest host Steve Darling interviewing Dai Manuel (January 1st, 2014)
- News1130AM: Ryan MacLeod interviews Dai Manuel all about fitness (December 31st, 2013)
- Radio Interview: CKNW Philip Till Morning Show – Dai Manuel On Staying Fit For Christmas
- Dai Manuel, Fitness Town's COO on the Bill Good Show “Keeping off the pounds”(January 1st, 2013) – Radio Clip
- Dai Manuel, Fitness Town's COO on GO Vancouver on Shaw TV “Getting into shape for Ski Season” (January 9th, 2013)
- Dai Manuel, Breakfast TV Vancouver “5 Health and Fitness Gifts for the Gearhead on your shopping list”
- Dai Manuel discussing CrossFit and specific equipment options for the sport of fitness (March 29th, 2011)
- Vancouver Sun and Empowered Health Interview: How to strengthen your body to prevent injuries (May 17th, 2012)
- Vancouver Sun and Empowered Health Interview: 4 Simple steps to a better workout/How to stay committed to your fitness plan (May 10th, 2012)
- Vancouver Sun and Empowered Health Interview: The Benefits of a CrossFit fitness plan (May 3rd, 2012)
- CTV Morning News: CTV Morning Show Appearance: Exercise like an Olympian with CrossFit (August 13, 2012)