If you are landing on this page, someone has obviously believed either you ARE AWESOME or in definite need of a dose of AWESOMENESS.
Read on, learn and share the awesomeness…
And best of all, make the following your personal mantra:
“Without ME it's just plain AWESO.”
Definition of ‘Awesome’
- Slang: very impressive.
- expressive of awe <awesome tribute>
- inspiring awe <an awesome task>
- terrific, extraordinary <had an awesome time>
— awesomely (adverb – “I was awesomely rewarded for my efforts”)
— awesomeness (noun – a metaphorical substance that adds excellence) (PS – if added to your coffee in the morning, guarantees that you will have an absolutely incredible day!)
Examples of usage of the word AWESOME
- The volcano that exploded right in front of my eyes was one of the most AWESOME sights I've ever seen!
- Having to change my newborn's wet diaper was an AWESOME responsibility.
- The war on obesity is an AWESOME task.
- I had an AWESOME time at the Canucks game.
- The movie Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure was totally AWESOME.
So if AWESOME can be seen as a state of being, that begs the question…
A daily checklist to awesomeness
How does one become “awesome”?
Lucky for us, WikiHOW tells us here.
34 Quotes to motivate all of us to be MORE AWESOME!
- “Nothing is impossible, the word itself says ‘I’m possible’!” – Audrey Hepburn
- NEVER GIVE-UP: “So many people can be responsible for your Success. but only you are responsible for your failure.” – Unknown
- There are two types of Pain in this world: Pain that hurts you, and Pain that changes you! – Unknown
- Sometimes the wrong choices bring us to the right places. – Unknown
- ”You are afraid to die, and you’re afraid to live. What a way to exist.” – Neale Donald Walsch
- ”Sometimes the poorest man leaves his children the richest inheritance.” – Ruth E. Renkel
- ”Anything is possible. You can be told that you have a 90-percent chance or a 50-percent chance or a 1-percent chance, but you have to believe, and you have to fight.” – Lance Armstrong
- “He who knows nothing is closer to the truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods and errors.” – Thomas Jefferson
- Its not up to you how you fall. Its up to you how far you let yourself fall and how long it takes you to get back up and stand on your own two feet” – Sr. Tac Jeffrey Mitchell
- ”Keep on going, and the chances are that you will stumble on something, perhaps when you are least expecting it. I never heard of anyone ever stumbling on something sitting down.” – Charles F. Kettering
- If you can’t be criticized for it, it’s probably not remarkable. Are you devoting yourself to something devoid of criticism? – Unknown
- “It’s human nature to start taking things for granted again when danger isn’t banging loudly on the door.” – David Hackworth
- “You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you.” – Walt Disney
- Push through the pain, and conquer the obstacles. Regardless of what you think today, it wont matter 5 years from now. SO DON’T BE AFRAID! – Unknown
- Even the greatest was once a beginner. Don’t be afraid to take that first step. – Unknown
- Do you give as much energy to your dreams as you do to your fears? – Unknown
- Think outside of the box, create your own path in life. “You laugh at me because I am different; I laugh because you are all the same.” ~ Daniel Knode
- ”The two most powerful warriors are patience and time.” …so remember: great achievements take time, there is no overnight success. – Leo Tolstoy
- NO EXCUSES: 99% of the failures come from people who have the habit of making excuses. – Unknown
- You cannot dream yourself into a character: you must hammer and forge yourself into one. Every successful person did, what no one else was willing to do! – Unknown
- The so called negative feedback is often love in disguise. Take full advantage! – Unknown Many fear competition from others. But the biggest critic should be the person in the mirror. – Unknown
- ”Remember that everyone you meet is afraid of something, loves something, and has lost something.” – H. Jackson Brown Jr.
- Waiting to develop courage is just another form of procrastination. The most successful people take action while they’re afraid! – Unknown
- The pain you feel today is the strength you feel tomorrow. – Unknown
- Life is short, fragile and does not wait for anyone. There will NEVER be a perfect time to pursue your dreams & goals. – Unknown
- ”When you want to succeed as bad as you want to breathe, then you’ll be successful.” – Eric Thomas
- You will get what you want, when you stop making excuses on why you don’t have it. – Unknown
- Why have you not broken from the pack? You’re playing it safe. Safe aint gonna get you sh!t in this world” –Stone Cold Steve Austin (WWE Superstar)
- Don’t always scrape & search for compliments. Criticism is what builds character & strength! – Unknown
- There’s a thin line between losing & winning. Losing breeds winners. The main recipe to success is through failures & hardships! – Unknown
- Don’t say you don’t have enough time. You have exactly the same number of hours per day that were given to Helen Keller, Bill Gates, Michelangelo, Mother Teresa, Leonardo da Vinci, Thomas Jefferson, and Albert Einstein. – Unknown
- Gold medals aren't really made of gold. They’re made of sweat, determination, and a hard-to-find alloy called guts. – Unknown
- A heart is a muscle..and what do muscles do when they are torn? They grow back STRONGER! – Unknown
- Remember that guy that gave up? Neither does no one else. – Unknown
Just a few awesomely motivating Speeches…
Al Pacino's “One inch at a time…” (Film: Any Given Sunday)
Randy Pausch Last Lecture: Achieving Your Childhood Dreams
Be Great and Powerful Beyond Measure
Jimmy Valvano's 1993 ESPY Speech. “Don't give up . . . Don't ever give up.
Rocky Balboa Speech
Winning is a Habit – Vince Lombardi
TELUS The Greatest Connection: Going To See Grandma… just a feel good – awesome story!
The Awesomeness Gallery: Be sure to share with others who you feel epitomize “awesomeness”…