What is “inspiration” to you? If you were to look up the definition it would tell you that it is “a sudden feeling of enthusiasm, or a new idea that helps you to do or create something“. That's a text-book definition of the word, but to me it is so much more than that. Inspiration is a subjective feeling caused by objective interpretation of experiences, words, people and every little thing in my life that I come in contact with. I take NOTHING for granted. I see the world through the eyes of my children… every experience lived as if it was my first time. Most importantly, I choose never to give up.
How do you live each day? What inspires you?
Here's 21 of my favorite “inspirational” quotes about “never giving up”… enjoy and be inspired!
- When the world says, “Give up,” Hope whispers, “Try it one more time.” ~ Author Unknown
- When you come to the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on. – Franklin D. Roosevelt
- Consider the postage stamp: its usefulness consists in the ability to stick to one thing till it gets there. – Josh Billings
- Fall seven times, stand up eight. – Japanese Proverb
- Perseverance is the hard work you do after you get tired of doing the hard work you already did. – Newt Gingrich
- It’s not that I’m so smart, it’s just that I stay with problems longer. – Albert Einstein
- Perseverance is not a long race; it is many short races one after another. – Walter Elliott
- Don’t be discouraged. It’s often the last key in the bunch that opens the lock. – Author Unknown
- If we are facing in the right direction, all we have to do is keep on walking. – Buddhist Saying
- Keep on going, and the chances are that you will stumble on something, perhaps when you are least expecting it. I never heard of anyone ever stumbling on something sitting down. – Charles F. Kettering
- Most people never run far enough on their first wind to find out they’ve got a second. – William James
- Difficult things take a long time, impossible things a little longer. – Author Unknown
- Don’t let the fear of the time it will take to accomplish something stand in the way of your doing it. The time will pass anyway; we might just as well put that passing time to the best possible use. – Earl Nightingale
- Let me tell you the secret that has led me to my goal. My strength lies solely in my tenacity. – Louis Pasteur
- If you are going through hell, keep going. – Winston Churchill
- Success seems to be largely a matter of hanging on after others have let go. – William Feather
- Paralyze resistance with persistence. – Woody Hayes
- All right Mister, let me tell you what winning means… you’re willing to go longer, work harder, give more than anyone else. – Vincent Lombardi
- Many of life’s failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up. – Thomas Edison
- How long should you try? Until. – Jim Rohn
- There is no failure except in no longer trying. ~ Elbert Hubbard