Hi everyone. My name is Dai and I'm a caf-fiend. My ritual de lo habitual is coffee.
My day starts with one (or three) and at times, winds down with one too (decaf of course). It's a relationship of give and give… I give coffee my undying love and it gives me a warm coat of awesomeness. OK, maybe not to that extreme, but pretty close.
Daily, I find my mind percolates with grandiose thoughts of espresso and Americanos. Some would think this a distraction, but to the contrary, it fuels me.
I know, I know. It's weird to have a self-diagnosed, health fanatic admitting to a 4 or 5 mug-a-day habit. But! I'm not going to hide my love anymore…
I know that I'll get some slack for my love story with coffee, but to defend myself, here's a list, provided by Authority Nutrition, of the top 13 reasons why you should get in on the coffee love-fest.
The Top 13 Evidence-Based Health Benefits of Coffee
- Coffee can improve energy levels and make you smarter
- Coffee can help you burn fat
- The Caffeine in coffee can drastically improve physical performance
- Coffee is loaded with essential nutrients
- Coffee may lower your risk of type II diabetes
- Coffee may protect you from Alzheimer's Disease and dementia
- Caffeine may lower the risk of Parkinson's disease
- Coffee appears to have protective effects on the liver
- Coffee can fight depression and make you happier
- Coffee Drinkers have a lower risk of some types of cancer
- Coffee does not cause heart disease and may lower the risk of stroke
- Coffee may help you live longer
- Coffee is the biggest source of antioxidants in the Western Diet
And if there was a #14, it would be that coffee drinkers are generally just more “awesomer”. (this is not based on science)
So obviously when invited to co-host the #KraftMeACoffee Twitter party on October 16th, my answer was a resounding…
You had me at “Coffee”
Kraft Canada has launched their NEW line of Keurig Compatible Pods, so now you can enjoy a perfect cup of your favorite coffee every time. The Keurig Compatible Pods are available in Kraft’s top coffee brands including Maxwell House, Gevalia, and Nabob…the perfect fit for your morning.
Grab a cup of black awesomeness and join me, @Listen2Lena, @FeistyFrugal and @Kidsumers along with @KraftCanada for a Twitter party of epic proportion. We'll all be hopped-up on our favorite cup of joe and ready to tweet, tweet, tweet about our love affair with coffee aka black awesomeness.
Say it loud, and say it proud, “My name is ______ , and I'm a CAF-FIEND! Hoorah!”
Join me for the #KraftMeACoffee Twitter party
(which promises to be the most highly caffeinated Twitter party ever seen by the likes of Twitter!)**
**Disclaimer, I might have been on my 5th cup of coffee when I wrote that statement…. but to know you better RSVP below.